Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the process of harnessing energy from the earth’s sunlight and then using that energy to power my home?
Solar panels absorb the sun’s energy throughout the day through semi conductors. Electrons then get separated from atoms harnessing the energy produced from the sun. This energy then gets converted into direct current (DC) electricity. Most homes and businesses run on alternating current (AC) electricity, so the DC electricity is then passed through an inverter to convert it to usable AC electricity. At this point, you either use the electricity in your house or send it back to the electric grid for a credit on your electricity bill. It’s that simple!
2. What is the overall procedure of getting solar panels installed (the simplified version)?
Schedule a phone consult, we coordinate an onsite visit to your residence or business (safely socially distanced of course), create a plan for solar panel placement, review the agreement, choose a finance option that works best for you, choose a specific solar panel brand, obtain city permits, and then the most exciting step….execute your installation and start producing power! We do all the back work.
3. How can I find out how much I can save on my energy bill by switching to Solar?
Once you supply us with your current energy bill, we can provide you with your estimated savings when installing a solar energy system. We can also give you the estimated increased future costs to expect from your current energy company if for some reason you decided not to switch to a solar energy system.
4. What is the maintenance involved with Solar panels?
An easy, cleaning once annually.
5. Can I finance my Solar energy system?
Absolutely! We work with Energy Loan Network that provides 8, 15 and 20 year options. Monthly payments will generally be lower than your current monthly energy costs. We help you every step of the way.
6. What size solar energy system should I get?
That depends on how many people live in your household and how large your residence is. When we receive your energy bill and execute the onsite visit, we will be able to give you an exact explanation of what we suggest and why.
7. What solar panels are right for my home?
We have 2 options, better and best. This makes it more simple for you. All of the equipment we suggest and help you pick out has a guaranteed 25 year output warranty.
8. Is solar monitoring required for my solar panels?
The monitoring software for you solar panels is highly suggested and the application can even be installed on your phone free of charge!
9. What if I move?
We can arrange a transfer as long as your system is fully paid for. You even have the option of allowing the finance company to help in arranging the move of your solar energy system.
10. If I have a problem with my system or my panels, who do I contact?
If you’ve installed with us, contact Roar Solar. (213) 605-1234. We’re here to help!